NOTE: If you purchased your SWATCH® watch in Australia or New Zealand, the International SWATCH® Warranty contained in the booklet with this watch and on the SWATCH® website (www.swatch.com) does NOT apply to you, and is replaced by this Australian / New Zealand Warranty (referred to below as the "Warranty").
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
The benefits given to you under this Warranty are additional to, and do not detract from, other rights and remedies that you may have in relation to your SWATCH® watch and its purchase under Australian or New Zealand laws, including consumer protection laws.
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In New Zealand, our goods also come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
- Is not intended to change or exclude any statutory or consumer rights that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded;
- Is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which he carries sole responsibility; and
- Does not affect your rights against the seller, including any mandatory statutory rights you may have against the seller under local consumer laws.
OUR WARRANTY TO YOU
This Warranty is provided by SWATCH LTD, Jakob-Stämpflistrasse 94, CH-2500 Biel 4, Switzerland. Telephone +41 32 343 9580.
Your SWATCH® watch is covered by this Warranty for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this Warranty.
This Warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased SWATCH® watch (“defects”). Where such defects become apparent during the warranty period and provided you present a valid warranty certificate, SWATCH LTD will:
- Replace your watch with a SWATCH® watch of identical or similar characteristics. Such replacement watch will have the benefit of this Warranty for the remainder of the Warranty Period applicable to the original (replaced) watch.
Please be aware that:
- Repair facilities and spare parts for your SWATCH® watch will not be available after purchase;
- SWATCH LTD will not transfer any data stored in your old watch across to the replacement watch. It is your responsibility to ensure that you back up any data stored in your old watch before making a claim under this Warranty; and
- The Warranty is only valid if the warranty certificate enclosed with your SWATCH® watch upon purchase is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official SWATCH® retailer.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This Warranty does not cover:
- The lifetime of the battery;
- Normal wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of non-metallic straps and chains, such as leather, textile, rubber; peeling of the plating);
- Any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the use directions provided by SWATCH LTD;
- Indirect or consequential damages of any kind resulting from e.g. the use, the non-functioning, the defects or the inaccuracy of the SWATCH® watch; or
- Defects caused by the SWATCH® watch being handled by non-authorized persons (e.g. for battery replacement, services or repairs) or altered in its original condition beyond SWATCH LTD’s control.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY
To make a claim under this Warranty, we recommend that you wrap your SWATCH® watch carefully so as to avoid any damage and send it by registered mail or drop it off in person to your nearest official SWATCH® retailer or The Swatch Group (Australia) Pty Ltd, Level 2, 1601 Malvern Road, Glen Iris, Victoria, 3146, Australia, telephone + 61 3 8844 3300, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find current contact information for your nearest official SWATCH® retailer, please telephone +61 3 8844 3300, email email@example.com or go to www.swatch.com.
You will be responsible for paying the expenses associated with making a claim under this Warranty, including postal or delivery expenses and any relevant taxes.
No official SWATCH® retailer is authorised to make any modification, extension or addition to this Warranty. SWATCH LTD provides no warranty against defects beyond the rights and remedies given under this Warranty and which are available under the Australian Consumer Law and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
SWATCH® is a registered trademark of SWATCH LTD