Please note that for the purposes of EU data protection legislation the “data controller” is Swatch Ltd.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms in this Website or by otherwise contacting us through our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services, registering for specific use of this Website (such as the Swatch Club), posting material and information about yourself (such as personal profiles, photographs), or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this Website.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of your visits to this Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Please note that registration for services offered on this Website, in particular registration as member of the Swatch Club, and processing of relevant personal date by Swatch is limited to users who are 14 years of age or older.
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
Like many websites, we use "cookies", which are files stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. Cookies help us to identify account holders and to optimize their site experience. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. We recommend that you leave cookies "turned on" so that we can offer you a better experience on this Website.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use data held about you in the following ways:
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
– To ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (including your smartphone or other electronic device).
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, including to display your information to other users of the Website and to facilitate user interaction with other users on this Website.
– To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and, unless you ask us or them not to, we or they may contact you about these by post or by electronic means (e.g. email, SMS, APP).
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e.g. email, SMS, APP) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We may share non-personal, non-individual statistics or demographic information in aggregate form with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third-parties for research purposes.
Through your use of this Website, we may also gather certain information about your use of the Website that does not identify you individually. Generally, this information is collected through "traffic data". We may collect and store such information automatically whenever you interact with this Website. For example, we may collect your IP address, the hostname of your computer, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit this Website. We may also collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information does not, however, contain anything that can personally identify you; it is used to analyze and improve this Website and to provide our customers with a fulfilling Internet experience.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company The Swatch Group Ltd and its subsidiaries, both in Switzerland and elsewhere within or outside of the EEA.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
– Who help us administer this Website (such as our Internet service providers) or to provide the services you are requesting, both in Switzerland and elsewhere within or outside of the EEA. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Swatch.
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, provided that we have contractually ensured that this information is kept private and secure and that when supplying this personal data we comply with the applicable local laws.
If Swatch Ltd or substantially all of its assets or any member of our group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You have the right to receive information about which personal data concerning you is processed and in which manner the data is processed. You are also entitled to request rectification or deletion of your personal data, or to withdraw at any time your consent to our data processing. Swatch may store and process your personal data as long as you do not request them to be deleted.
Any such request shall be made in writing to Swatch Ltd, Marketing International, Jakob Staempflistrasse 94, 2504 Biel / Bienne, Switzerland, or through email@example.com.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.