THE SWATCH WARRANTY
WARRANTY (EXCEPT USA)
Your SWATCH® watch is warranted by SWATCH Ltd.* for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The international SWATCH warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of the purchase of the SWATCH watch ("defects"). The warranty only comes into force if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official SWATCH dealer ("valid warranty certificate").
During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certificate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge. In the event that repairs are improper to restore the normal conditions of use of your SWATCH watch, or if you purchased a SWATCH watch the case of which cannot be opened, SWATCH Ltd. guarantees its replacement by a SWATCH watch of similar model. The warranty for the replacement watch ends twenty-four (24) months after the date of purchase of the replaced watch. This manufacturer’s warranty does not cover:
- the life of the battery;
- normal wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of non metallic straps and chains, such as leather, plastic, textile, velcro; peeling of the plating);
- any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/ abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the use directions provided by SWATCH Ltd.;
- indirect or consequential damages of any kind resulting from e.g. the use, the non-functioning, the defects or the inaccuracy of the SWATCH watch;
- the SWATCH watch handled by non-authorized persons (e.g. for battery replacement, services or repairs) or which undergoes alterations in its original condition beyond SWATCH Ltd’s control. Any further claim against SWATCH Ltd. e.g. for damages additional to the above described guarantee is expressly excluded, except mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the manufacturer.
The above manufacturer’s warranty :
- is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which he carries sole responsibility.
- does not affect the purchaser’s rights against the seller nor any other mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have.
The SWATCH Ltd’s customer service ensures the perfect maintenance of your SWATCH watch. If your watch needs attention, rely on a SWATCH official dealer or an authorized SWATCH Service Center as set forth in the enclosed list: They can guarantee a service according to SWATCH Ltd’s standards.